Armored Aces Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Where are you from?

Other Tank Games Vote_lcap0%Other Tank Games Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Other Tank Games Vote_lcap18%Other Tank Games Vote_rcap 18% [ 16 ]
Other Tank Games Vote_lcap0%Other Tank Games Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Other Tank Games Vote_lcap4%Other Tank Games Vote_rcap 4% [ 4 ]
Other Tank Games Vote_lcap31%Other Tank Games Vote_rcap 31% [ 28 ]
Other Tank Games Vote_lcap44%Other Tank Games Vote_rcap 44% [ 40 ]
Other Tank Games Vote_lcap3%Other Tank Games Vote_rcap 3% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 91

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week
No user

Other Tank Games

+4
thefreak
234tiger
StrikerUSA
SithJaeger
8 posters

Go down

Other Tank Games Empty Other Tank Games

Post by SithJaeger Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:13 am

What other tank games do you guys play. Come on, we won't ban you.
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClab4wL1eokckEOlbXW5wXQ

Back to top Go down

Other Tank Games Empty Re: Other Tank Games

Post by SithJaeger Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:14 am

I am downloading this game today!
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:05 pm

Only other multiplayer game I've played is War Thunder but my computer couldn't handle it so trying to play at 5-7 FPS got old quick. I also didn't like the balance much because playing the American side was tough but then I tried the Russians with the T-34's and the game was a piece of cake to do well in. It's probably been updated 100 times since I played last so hopefully things have changed but if you went on the fourms it was a war zone on the bias discussions. On a good computer the game looks amazing though and I really like the attempt at realism with no health bar so if you know where to shoot one shot could kill a tank. If I get a better computer some day I may try it again. I like strategy games more where you command a battalion in battle and I really liked an M1A1 simulator I owned because you could sit in the gunners seat or commanders seat and command one tank or a battalion you could do it all though the graphics weren't as good as AA but it was a long time ago. Can't remember the name of the game but the current version is pricey.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by SithJaeger Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:57 pm

I want to play War Thunder SOOOOO bad, but I barely have time to play AA.
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SithJaeger Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:20 pm

I was playing this game called War Machines which is a lot like Iron Force, but they introduced "crates" so I quit. Basically they are special boost players can use in a game. Some included extra firepower, air strikes, shields, etc...
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 234tiger Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:17 pm

I use to play tanktastic. It now has an offline mod and air surport and artillery units
234tiger
234tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by thefreak Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:16 am

wot blitz is the game that looks good physics are also good but it is too much unfair

thefreak

Back to top Go down

Post by thefreak Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:17 am

I've played war thunder once and used modern tanks

thefreak

Back to top Go down

Post by miszcz101 Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:07 am

I also play Tanktastic somewhat (there I am miszcz102). It is much more complex (balistics, upgrades, artillery and much more) than AA. But having camparison, I appreciate AA for its genius simplicity and unique team atmosphere. Therefore AA probably will be my beloved tank game ever.

miszcz101

Back to top Go down

Post by iAssault Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:59 pm

War Thunder is a great game. Play Russian tanks for maximum experience lol
iAssault
iAssault

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:09 pm

play Russian tanks if you want to get smashed with the quickness

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpaticus Wed May 31, 2017 4:29 pm

Used to play WotB for a while, got bored of AA, but I deleted it since the amount of pay-to-win is incredible. They've got extremely OP tanks which can only be purchased with real money or sump'n.

Thought Wittmann is a pay-to-win? Wargaming will teach you better!

Although there's lots AA could learn from, their Shell ballistics and map HD quality is great. Our maps are kinda sad lets be honest.
Carpaticus
Carpaticus

https://www.instagram.com/armoredacesunofficial/?hl=en

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Yeah the Blitz maps do seem better detailed but then the tanks don't look as good in my opinion. I haven't deleted it yet but I'm still on tier III and just got bored of driving and fighting tanks I've never heard of. M2A2 is familiar but the rest it's like I just don't care enough to learn about you. I hate filler tanks and at least in AA you get through the filler tanks pretty quick.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by SithJaeger Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:18 pm

So far the only game I like is Armada? The controls are like AA but I'm used to swiping to turn the turret and you you have to press on the screen to get it to turn..its not made to be very accurate....PLUS....when you die and spawn again you can spawn right on top of other tanks that spawned in the same spot..I can deal with that, its the way the turret turns that kills me
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miszcz101 Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Tanktastic is also plagued by extensive pay-to-win. There are no special vehicles only for real money, but in-game-currency prices are incredibly high. Collecting coins for better vehicles and their upgrades could last months without spending money, even though there is daily bonus. If you consider AA as pay-to-win driven too much don't even try Tanktastic. You can stay at lower tiers, but after some time you would like to try more tanks. As far as I know this game is most advanced of all tank games for mobiles, but lacks as much attractive game mode as AA has.

miszcz101

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:23 pm

I could go for a mobile better balanced version of War thunder. I mostly like no health bars and the one shot kill potential. AA with that sort of damage mechanics and physics would be awesome. War Thunder was too much for my PC to handle and the balance was frustrating so I quit about when I got the M18 but they have a lot of good stuff going for them like the re spawn system where you pick a couple of tanks to fill your que. Makes it interesting to have choices during the round for what you take into battle. I don't like the artillery and planes though.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by miszcz101 Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:19 am

I tried wot blitz. It's complexity is embarrasing at the begining. It takes a while to get familiar with game features and have an opinion. Well, the number of battle sites is awesome. The thing that I admire is very detaild and historically based tank characteristics and the concept of tank upgrade (also historical components : guns, turrets, engines). Devs did a great job here. But there are annoying things this game has. Vehicles seem to accelerate and move a bit too fast so its very hard to hit any moving target. Battle sites are stuffed with rocks, buildings, and other terrain hindrances like a maze. The concept of crew training is completely redundant. It's the player and his skills is the crew. Why does the view range depend on crew training level ? Boxes with bonuses (payable or not) are hardly tank game core feature.

miszcz101

Back to top Go down

Post by miszcz101 Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:06 pm

And one more thought on wot blitz today. Watching your videos posted here I know why I want to play AA again and again and again. It's exceptional graphical effects and battle dynamics make that battle looks more realistic, like a war movie with smoke, blows of destroyed vehicles, historically based aiming sights different for each nation. While wot blitz despite its historical vehicle characteristics looks more like cartoon.

miszcz101

Back to top Go down

Post by SithJaeger Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:02 pm

I wanted to like WOT, but when it comes to a game I play on my phone, AA is best. It does not get simpler than drive, aim, shot.
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:46 am

miszcz101 wrote: The concept of crew training is completely redundant. It's the player and his skills is the crew.

Amen to that. That's why blitz lost me was all the ridiculousness with crew skills, bonuses, health packs for your crew, damage kits etc.. I'm a tanker in the game not a logistical coordinator to make sure every tank has a first aid kit, ammo and a repair kit and if you have to go fix the track mid battle you're abandoning the tank till the battle is over not replacing the track in a few seconds if your crew skills are high enough. I hated that in War Thunder too which is why I quit playing that game too. That one the graphics kept me in a little longer and the damage model but it has the same stupid crew skills that you will take months to top out on just one tank. I never even topped out one category before I was onto the next tank. AA only thing I hate are the boosts but at least they don't see you earlier and shoot faster because of them.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by miszcz101 Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:33 pm

StrikerUSA wrote:I'm a tanker in the game not a logistical coordinator to make sure every tank has a first aid kit, ammo and a repair kit and if you have to go fix the track mid battle you're abandoning the tank till the battle is over not replacing the track in a few seconds if your crew skills are high enough.

Right. Fully agree. More complex does not mean better.

miszcz101

Back to top Go down

Post by miszcz101 Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:39 am

LOL, I have found quite interesting tank game named 'Infinite tanks'. It is priced about 4 EUR/USD in my country, but there are no further in-game purchases. It can be played on-line or off-line (campaign and stand alone battles). The game is full of details (well, it takes 1.9 GB of memory). Two things are incredible here : maps (huge, very detailed and almost fully destructible, one can also roam on them freely) and comprehensive tanks constructing from components like hulls, turrets, chasis, guns, missiles, engines, additional equipment like radars, visors, armor, ballistic computers, secondary weapons (mortars, mines). So you fight in tanks of own design and own camouflage (obviously testing on proving ground is available). I could spend hours on tanks compositions, looking for synergies in different variations of vehicle parts. Components can be bought, sold, even traded with other players. Graphics is just stunning on hd (lower resolution, on full hd my device cannot handle the game smoothly). There are even different weather conditions, so during the battle visibility can worsen in bad weater conditions. On-line battles are very dynamic, however one can assemble tanks best for own play style (whether it is sniping or aggresive assault, but cautiousness is required as good sniper can take you down in one shot).

miszcz101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down