Armored Aces Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Where are you from?

The Best all Around Tank? Vote_lcap0%The Best all Around Tank? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Best all Around Tank? Vote_lcap18%The Best all Around Tank? Vote_rcap 18% [ 16 ]
The Best all Around Tank? Vote_lcap0%The Best all Around Tank? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Best all Around Tank? Vote_lcap4%The Best all Around Tank? Vote_rcap 4% [ 4 ]
The Best all Around Tank? Vote_lcap31%The Best all Around Tank? Vote_rcap 31% [ 28 ]
The Best all Around Tank? Vote_lcap44%The Best all Around Tank? Vote_rcap 44% [ 40 ]
The Best all Around Tank? Vote_lcap3%The Best all Around Tank? Vote_rcap 3% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 91

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week
No user

The Best all Around Tank?

+11
wittman
MadMax
Moon knight
234tiger
Đeadshøt
iAssault
Kopfjeager
StrikerUSA
Oliwann94
Mecyje
SithJaeger
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Best all Around Tank? Empty The Best all Around Tank?

Post by SithJaeger Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:15 pm

What do you guys think is the best All Around Tank? Now, this is for random matches that you are playing, when you don't know what map you're going to be on or who you are facing.
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClab4wL1eokckEOlbXW5wXQ

Back to top Go down

The Best all Around Tank? Empty Re: The Best all Around Tank?

Post by SithJaeger Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 pm

I posted this topic because I like many tanks but nothing seems to come close to what I can do with a B2. In random matches, it just seems like the B2 is the only tank I can help our team with in overcoming bad play by other teammates. Non-boosted of course. But its speed lets you move to assist others quickly, you have the extra view range, and its a small tank. It might be different if I knew I was playing with some good playes but most of the time I'm not and other tanks are too fragile or too slow.
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mecyje Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:49 pm

B2 is not fair play tank because of its range view. View range is important in all periods of battle - why only one B2 has better eyes ? Even non boosted but boosted Smile
Mecyje
Mecyje

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliwann94 Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:19 pm

Well the whole point of the tank destroyer tanks in ww2 where too search and destroy other tanks they weren't made to have a slug match with bigger tanks look at the American tds in real life their armor was extremely thin because they had to be fast and if you notice the m36s had a flip door on top of there turret so they could search for other tanks and like the smaller td s they had open turret for easier view range
Oliwann94
Oliwann94

Back to top Go down

Post by Mecyje Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks, now I understand this "view range" better Smile
Mecyje
Mecyje

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:05 pm

All TD's have the view range. JT, Su100, T28 and Tortoise have the same view range as the B2.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mecyje Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 pm

T28 and Tortoise is experimental - its not TD - it has 345, but KV5 experimental too has 330 Sad
Mecyje
Mecyje

Back to top Go down

Post by SithJaeger Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:40 pm

@Oliwann....nice info on the American TD's. I must admit I don't know much about tanks, but I know several players are very knowledgeable about tanks, so I learn from you and others.
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kopfjeager Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:23 pm

It's up to player playstile. Me personally suits B2 mostly, I got some of my best fights with it but some worst as well. Agressive play with B2 can be devastating.
I like KTH too, but I play totally different as I would in B2. I don't rush and always try to engage from distance. My win ratio with Tiger is better than B2.

Kopfjeager

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:08 am

Mecyje wrote:T28 and Tortoise is experimental - its not TD - it has 345, but KV5 experimental too has 330 Sad

True T28 and Tortoise aren't TD's but they get the TD view range because of the fixed guns.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:19 am

As for the topic at hand for me my best all around tank is the Comet. I can get hull down in almost every map and it is awesome in peekaboo and awesome in a dogfight. It takes loads of damage from the heavy hitters if you get caught out in the open but you are a hard target to corner with the speed and I've won many dogfights with it even in a 2 vs 1 scenario. Most other tanks excel in some regard like TD's are great for a sniper duel and heavies are good for taking damage but then most of those are vulnerable in a dogfight but the Comet is deadly at any range. I wouldn't say Comet is my favorite tank but I just seem to always do a lot better with it than anything else.

For ME I love the good old M1A2 and I know the Armata has lots more going for it like the ability to turn without rolling but you can still take them in a 1 vs 1 if you know what you're doing. As long as you don't have to chase down a Tagil on top of a mountain who wants nothing more than to run away and laugh as you keep rolling around after him, then the Abrams is usually an enjoyable experience.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliwann94 Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:11 pm

@ sithjaegar I don't know everything I like watching the history channel on the greatest tank battles but just reading a little bit of info on each tank gives you just enough to try and figure out how well they could stand up to each other. They had accounts in ww2 of the m36s killing Panthers up to 4600 yards which is max range of the sight. But the game you got to remeber isn't realistic but if it was everything would be one or two shot kills and the tds would kill people before we could see them.
Oliwann94
Oliwann94

Back to top Go down

Post by iAssault Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:45 pm

Comet. Speed and maneuverablility is important on the battlefield.
iAssault
iAssault

Back to top Go down

Post by Đeadshøt Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:34 pm

The Best all around tank is the B2. Though I think the SP could give it a run for its money if they increased its speed a bit. Comet is only good when you have team support because health preservation is very important in ww2 and let's face it so many chit players out there make it very difficult to solo it in a comet.

Đeadshøt

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:26 am

I don't know I'd prefer a Comet to a B2 if I have to go it alone. You get two or three guys charging your B2 and that view range advantage don't mean squat. You can't run either since B2 has terrible mobility. Comet I run for a hill and race around and most tanks have terrible accuracy on the move while the Comet can land most shots. It's a slim chance for a win but it's better than none.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Kopfjeager Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:52 pm

B2 or Comet is tough call. I guess it depends how battle develop. Comet performs well in close fight or pickaboo duel. B2 is good at long distance, view advantage kicks in.

Kopfjeager

Back to top Go down

Post by 234tiger Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:58 pm

I'm  between b2 comet and t30 and the muse. I think it is tough trying to get the right shot on them
234tiger
234tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon knight Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:07 pm

B2 is a good tank but all around is a comet it has better armor the b2 has weak rear armor they both have speed but going alone with a b2 is suicide while with a comet you have a chance
Moon knight
Moon knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMax Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:09 am

I have to agree with StrikerUSA and Moon Knight. Comet and then B2 are quite versatile, SP too. I do enjoy my JagTiger as well but i know i can get kitted by top players who understand tactics. Manouverability and firepower are the most important considerations so all slow lumbering monsters are just one step away from extinction in top player games but can rule the waves in bot paradise.
MadMax
MadMax

Back to top Go down

Post by Đeadshøt Sun May 07, 2017 4:03 pm

The comet does not have better armor them the b2. Only difference is the frontal armor but I guarantee 9/10 unless I'm using the IS-2 I'm going to be shooting your side armor and comet has horrible side armor 300+ dmg every time. B2 you will be doing less than 230 every time unless you shoot rear. Hull down its harder to hit the b2 in my experience. The only thing the comet nails it in is close quarter combat,accuracy and speed other than that the b2 is better in every way. And the most important part you can't bait out t-30s in a comet like in a b2. Comet has a horrible rear armor too like most tanks do but if you aren't a newb you won't be showing your rear armor to the enemy. If you know how to keep your distance and snipe as necessary then the b2 is better hands down

Đeadshøt

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon knight Sun May 07, 2017 5:07 pm

You can't go wrong with the comet or b2 and for pure power the most hated tank the t30 if you have these hi teir tanks you really don't need any others
Moon knight
Moon knight

Back to top Go down

Post by wittman Sun May 07, 2017 6:13 pm

And that's a pity : unbalanced tanks , not historically accurate and scifi tanks that had never saw battlefield against real ones.
wittman
wittman

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

B2 just has too many flaws. Accuracy and horrid handling. If it had only one I could live with it but both makes it nearly unplayable. All the missed shots kills the view range advantage and then you can't get out of trouble. Armor is better than the Comets but it isn't great. Problem is the hull has no strong point so front or side just shoot the hull and it will take a lot of damage. Turret is good sometimes though if you hit its cheeks it takes almost as much damage as the hull. Guys shooting you hardly have to aim while a Comet frontally they have to hit your skinny tracks. Side shots Comet is exceptionally weak. I took 604 damage last night on the side from another dang Comet. It has speed though so I take a lot less hits so it can live without armor though while the B2 can't avoid hits and it's armor isn't all that exceptional so against all the heavy hitters of top tier it isn't that great.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Đeadshøt Mon May 08, 2017 1:15 am

I've taken down top ranking players in comets before in a dog fight before in a b2 and to be good in a comet you need exceptional skill because there is very little room for error. In. A b2 I can just lean back and await my chance with the extra view range while in a comet I can't bait out the enemy due to no extra view range. And in the comet you very much need team support because head on that side armor will bring you trouble however in b2 you can play more effectively without much team support due to range advantage. This is just me but I'll take better armor and range over accuracy any time. If the comet had better side armor it would be a different story

Đeadshøt

Back to top Go down

Post by Đeadshøt Mon May 08, 2017 1:19 am

Btw accuracy wise I suffer more from the Russian and German tanks so American is not as bad. If you are used to British and then move on to US then you will feel a noticeable difference however I feel I would still rather extra range and not major weak spots over the extra accuracy.

Đeadshøt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next