Armored Aces Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Where are you from?

Abrams or Armata? Vote_lcap0%Abrams or Armata? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Abrams or Armata? Vote_lcap18%Abrams or Armata? Vote_rcap 18% [ 16 ]
Abrams or Armata? Vote_lcap0%Abrams or Armata? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Abrams or Armata? Vote_lcap4%Abrams or Armata? Vote_rcap 4% [ 4 ]
Abrams or Armata? Vote_lcap31%Abrams or Armata? Vote_rcap 31% [ 28 ]
Abrams or Armata? Vote_lcap44%Abrams or Armata? Vote_rcap 44% [ 40 ]
Abrams or Armata? Vote_lcap3%Abrams or Armata? Vote_rcap 3% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 91

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week
No user

Abrams or Armata?

3 posters

Go down

Abrams or Armata? Empty Abrams or Armata?

Post by SithJaeger Wed May 24, 2017 12:14 am

Which is better?
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClab4wL1eokckEOlbXW5wXQ

Back to top Go down

Abrams or Armata? Empty Re: Abrams or Armata?

Post by SithJaeger Wed May 24, 2017 12:20 am

Recently I've purchased the Armata and have to say I've been doing really well in it. I'm not sure why. I haven't changed my style of play but the ability to turn the Armata so quickly I guess is helping me in battles. I know some are very good at snap turning the Abrams and I can do it most times, but it just seems like my scores are higher in the Armata. My vote goes to the Armata.
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClab4wL1eokckEOlbXW5wXQ

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Wed May 24, 2017 11:35 am

Don't have Armata but I've fought many of them in the 1 vs 1 DF or sniper duels. My vote is clearly for Abrams since it's my favorite tank but each has their advantages and disadvantages.

If the controls are working and I don't get sluggish response the Abrams with it's sliding turns can out dance the Armata despite the Armata's super quick turn in place capabilities. I've become a sliding dogfighter which is why I like the Comet in WWII since it can also do that and I stink with the E8 in a DF now since it can't. Used effectively you can get the upper hand but it does take practice and responsive controls which the control issue is regularly a problem like you start to slide then suddenly the tank decides to sink in the mud and stop completely. Armata's biggest advantage is the stability since the Abrams likes to roll on the hills. Armata is also bouncier at close range so in a DF it has the advantage but skill can overcome it.

Not sure how the Armata's gun depression is but they don't seem as bad as other Russian tanks but I bet the Abrams is still better. Abrams turret is tougher too so hull down it wins the slugfest. The Armata is fairly large especially the side of the hull so it's easier to hit and that engine compartment regularly takes over 500 damage non boosted. I give the sniper duel to the Abrams.

So it's kind of a toss up and really hard to go wrong with either but I find the Abrams more than capable of tackling an Armata so it has my vote.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMax Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:34 am

Since update 2.6.0 i have the impression that the abrams and the NATO lineup is too jerky to drive, rolls too easily and the gun reticle also bounces in hilly terrain even when stopped. This has destroyed my consistency and has made me either dominate in good terrain or wonderful hard in mountain maps and hill tops. I have bought the t72 and i find myself now performing better most of the time in it than the merkava 2 or the leopard 1a6. Right now i think that the Nato line up is just good hull down sniping on grass and flat ground with gently rolling hills, the Russian tanks are better at charging and dogfights in broken ground while the German line is more of a new player friendly compromise between the other two.
MadMax
MadMax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum