Armored Aces Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Where are you from?

Unorthodox battles Vote_lcap0%Unorthodox battles Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Unorthodox battles Vote_lcap18%Unorthodox battles Vote_rcap 18% [ 16 ]
Unorthodox battles Vote_lcap0%Unorthodox battles Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Unorthodox battles Vote_lcap4%Unorthodox battles Vote_rcap 4% [ 4 ]
Unorthodox battles Vote_lcap31%Unorthodox battles Vote_rcap 31% [ 28 ]
Unorthodox battles Vote_lcap44%Unorthodox battles Vote_rcap 44% [ 40 ]
Unorthodox battles Vote_lcap3%Unorthodox battles Vote_rcap 3% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 91

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week
No user

Unorthodox battles

3 posters

Go down

Unorthodox battles Empty Unorthodox battles

Post by BUSHWACKED Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:48 pm

Has anyone experimented with unorthodox battles? Can't help but wonder how a 5,6 vs 1,2 with the out numbered team in top tier while the fully manned team is limited to mid tier. Probably a pipe dream. But let know if interested.

BUSHWACKED

Back to top Go down

Unorthodox battles Empty Re: Unorthodox battles

Post by SithJaeger Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:40 pm

I would try sending a message to BPdevastator....the General of SHD, they might be interested in doing those kind of battles as not all of their guys have high tier tanks......
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClab4wL1eokckEOlbXW5wXQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BUSHWACKED Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:23 am

Awesome thanks a ton.

BUSHWACKED

Back to top Go down

Post by miszcz101 Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:46 pm

I participated in brigade war (CSA vs 987) on modern era in which generals agreed to use only tier 4 tanks. So merkavas II, T-72s, Leo 1a6s. And it was a fun ! A breath of quite fresh experience. I thought generals could agree on different set up, for instance ww2 tier5 only, modern tier I or even german tanks vs russian on ww2, T-55 vs M48 Patton or so. It could elevate clan wars onto new level of fun and bring in fresh vigour into brigade competition. Had anyone such battle ?

miszcz101

Back to top Go down

Post by BUSHWACKED Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:39 am

Speaking with SHD about a creative WW2 battle. Haven't recruited many players so it's looking like I am going to propose a 3v6. Current thinking is we (the outnumbered side) get one Maus and two mid tier while SHD gets all mid tier. I'll update and here and film the battle when it takes place. It looks like HNT has planed out in terms of recruitment so these unorthodox battles might be what we focus on just for fun. All ideas welcome but remember that we will be outnumbered. Thanks.

BUSHWACKED

Back to top Go down

Post by BUSHWACKED Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:09 pm

Be advised: HNT disbanded. It was a pretty wild ride my short stint as a General. I was hacked, threatened, trash talked, stabbed, shot, poisoned, hung,........

BUSHWACKED

Back to top Go down

Post by miszcz101 Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:31 pm

I like to play on modern with lower tiers russian tanks : t-55, t-62, t-80u. It's a kind of unorthodox fight, as having weaker tank you often need to act differently to win the battle than just score and kill as much as possible. The best what you can do is to get focus of top tier enemy and survive as long as possible playing mouse and cat game, hoping that top tier  team mates will do their job in the meanwhile. You hardly can turn the tide of battle operating alone. Also if opponents in higher tier vehicles are very experienced (usually at modern top) the best tactics is close support of top tier team mate. While dogfight phase outflanking enemy or getting behind can carry on you enemy's attention which should be your goal. If not, then you can score the most. On modern low, opponents are often quite inexperienced, so playing fast and very manuverable t-55 or t-62 veteran can score as much as merkavas mk II. Russian lower tier tanks are perfect in close combat, being smaller and having bouncy hull. Experienced player in t-62 or even in t-55 can be deadly for merkava or t-72 driver that ignores him.

miszcz101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum