Armored Aces Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Where are you from?

Best tanks according to you Vote_lcap0%Best tanks according to you Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best tanks according to you Vote_lcap18%Best tanks according to you Vote_rcap 18% [ 16 ]
Best tanks according to you Vote_lcap0%Best tanks according to you Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best tanks according to you Vote_lcap4%Best tanks according to you Vote_rcap 4% [ 4 ]
Best tanks according to you Vote_lcap31%Best tanks according to you Vote_rcap 31% [ 28 ]
Best tanks according to you Vote_lcap44%Best tanks according to you Vote_rcap 44% [ 40 ]
Best tanks according to you Vote_lcap3%Best tanks according to you Vote_rcap 3% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 91

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week
No user

Best tanks according to you

4 posters

Go down

Best tanks according to you Empty Best tanks according to you

Post by Moon knight Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:59 pm

I like the comet but what do you all think of the kv3
Moon knight
Moon knight

Back to top Go down

Best tanks according to you Empty Re: Best tanks according to you

Post by StrikerUSA Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:47 am

KV-3 I hear is absolute garbage. I buy most WWII tanks but was warned enough to keep away from that one. The fact you don't see many around is a testament to truthfulness of that statement.

Comet is probably the best overall tank in high tier. Since WWII has so many slow tanks in high tier the speed of the Comet is a considerable advantage. There are many other tanks that excel in certain maps like the T28 in the desert if you have support you can take out half a red team by yourself without much trouble. T30 of course when used right can be a devastating weapon. B2 lots of people seem to really like and in some maps I hate fighting them in my Comet when they can use the view advantage. Overall though mobility I find is the greatest asset because you can scoot out of trouble and decide on where the fight will happen.

In mid tier I think the best overall tank is the M18. Most of the opposition is Tigers and KV-2's which you can easily circle in a DF or out peekaboo them or stay out of their view range and pound them with your VR advantage. It also can race to the good spots on the map at the start so you can be sure to get the ambush position every time and if things aren't going your way you can cross to the other side of the map quickly. E8/Furious and Cromwell are quick too but they don't have the view range and the M18 is also a smaller vehicle so easier to conceal. If mid tier didn't have the OTM this thing would be even deadlier.

Low tier you can pretty much have a good game in whatever the heck you want to drive. I'm kind of partial to the Lee despite the lack of turret. It hits harder and faster than everything else so head to head you're unbeatable. It's pretty quick too so harder to circle than other fixed gun tanks/TD's.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMax Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:19 am

Striker, you nailed it again! The SP can be good in mountain maps were high gun depresion is usefull, nothing more to add.
My favourite is the M18 because of the manouverability but i hate its accuracy.
In modern i prefer the NATO line because of the gun depresion but i will try the german line soon.
MadMax
MadMax

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:35 pm

Sp was my first love and I bet if I played it exclusively for a while I would get used to it again. Hard to cope with the bouncy gun and bad accuracy when you hop back and forth in it between the Comet and other tanks but it's a pretty solid tank if you can get hull down. When it first came out I remember ruining experimentals days with it since they finally had some opposition.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon knight Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Reverse speed for sp is slow so in a battle like what's happened to me you get killed
Moon knight
Moon knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Reverse speed on all the tier 8's except the Comet is pretty slow. Don't know why but when I checked a long time ago the KTH, SP, T-28, and even the Maus had an identical reverse speed (it's been a while so things possibly have changed). B2 is so sluggish it feels worse but it may top out a little higher. SP I found was best to peekaboo on a slope so your reverse was a little quicker. Now the barrel bounce just drives me insane because I swear it bounces after you fire and the round goes where the bounce was. You have to wait 2-3 seconds for everything to finally stabilize which is half way through the enemies reload so then you have to reverse back in cover before they can fire again which coupled with lag means you'll almost never get in a hit without taking one. I used to move back and forth till they shot and missed then pop out and take my time to aim and sneak back into cover before they reloaded which against a Maus or KV-5 which were the top dogs back then you could tear them apart since you'd never miss that huge target and I'd get them to miss most of the time. Now you get in a peekaboo with a Comet and you miss them a ton if they have any cover so it's harder to win.

I miss the real old days when the round hit where the barrel was pointing and I'm not talking back before all the current issues I mean way back before they purposefully added in some inaccuracy. I don't know why people were applauding it back then I hated the change. Now the rounds you don't know if they will follow the green circle or not so seems like there's more RNG and less skill. I only had the E8 then and I would land 90% of my shots in a DF over rough terrain because I learned to watch the green circle like a hawk and when it lined up with the enemy tank and you hit fire it would hit every time. Now it doesn't matter and I often fire when my sight is no where near the target and I still hit.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon knight Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Like with a t30 just hoot somewhere near the target
Moon knight
Moon knight

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:16 am

Everyone knows the best tank out there is the Tiger I I (H). Hands down.

The mighty Tiger I I rules this battlefield.

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down