Top posting users this week
StrikerUSA

VonManstein

miszcz101

Win Ratio Dropped

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Win Ratio Dropped

Post by SithJaeger on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:46 am

Do you think the win ratio stat should be left off a players stats? Do you think it is not a true indication of how good someone is, but how lucky they are? It doesn't take into account how many games a player is outnumbered in. It doesn't take into account how many times a player plays with an AFK teammate. It doesn't take into account how many boost a person is using. What say the forum?
SithJaeger
Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClab4wL1eokckEOlbXW5wXQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Win Ratio Dropped

Post by Cincinnatus on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:11 am

I don't think it holds any meaning on how good someone is. Hopefully people here will agree with me that I play way better than my 47 percent win rate lol

Cincinnatus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:14 pm

I used to follow it closely for my game plays until I started taking notes and screen shots on how it operates. I made a comment on that in another thread. The mentioned issues I made, don't take into account what you mentioned above Sith, so I don't give it much credence to reference a player by (personally).

I consider myself an average player and I made it up to 72% only from great teammates and team work, not by my own accomplishments in battle which were average at best.

Just my views on the subject. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SithJaeger on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:59 pm

Glad I have some agreement that its not an indication on how good a player is. I guess anyone that plays this game lsooner or later realizes its not an indication of your capabilities as a player.
@Cinn... where does that 47% go during Brigade Wars? I want to see that guy Smile
SithJaeger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Only stat I really care about is the money in the bank Very Happy It is hard not to want your win% higher but yeah way too many variables for it to reflect your skill. Even average damage per battles is irrelevant because someone could average 900 damage per battle which looks ok but if you played most of your battles in low tier WWII that would make you an Ace. If your average damage is like 3-4000 that means you like top tier ME. Before the win % I admit I'd go for a good YOLO every now and then because it can be pretty fun especially in like an M18 to be driving circles around Tigers and KV-2's before they get very far from spawn. Sometimes you just don't feel like a sniper duel so I'd be happy with it gone because that deep down competitive side of me means I must improve all my numbers including win % so no more goofing off or at least keep it to a minimum.
StrikerUSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Đeadshøt on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:14 pm

Mine is at 60% right now but I do mess around in tier 6 and 7 tanks a lot. I usually top score when I'm in a tier 8 and when I ain't in a tiger or the IS-2 but yes a combination of good team mates is needed. I feel like those tanks help me get better especially since I'm hardly ever boosted so the challenge makes you better when you jump back to a tier 8 tank.

Đeadshøt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by REM on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:37 am

Win ratio mean nothig. If you shoot down the aplicatiin before the battle is finished in a defeat probable finish game, the win ratio doesn't count this defeat. So! You can make a 100% win ratio if you doesn't watch to the end the games!!!
REM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SithJaeger on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:43 pm

I had heard that was possible but wasn't sure. I thought the devs were going to fix that but I guess they haven't. Yet another reason to just drop it.
SithJaeger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMax on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:43 pm

I agree with all of you guys, exept REM. From my understanding since october 2016 update, quiting before game start or end serves as a draw, so it lowers your win rate. I think that a more explicit stat table with overall stats and specific stats for ME, WW2, low mid and top tiers would make more sence.
MadMax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miszcz101 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:01 pm

I'm only 6 months in the game, and my opinion is that win ratio only partially indicates how good you are. As an example, on the beginning of my carrer I had 33%, win was a pure luck, only good team mates resulted winning because my own contribution into battle was minimal. Later along with gaining skills and experience it rose accordingly and now after over 5000 battles I have 54% with no hope for increase, because 1% from 5000 is too much for my skills. Now, my contribution into battle is sometimes poor, often significant and sometimes decisive, so I see it as a quality difference of my own. I see myself as little better than average player, therefore so far in my case win ratio fairly well indicates my capabilities. But I can imagine that in longer run it can be distorted by player's choices of tier level : taking Leclerc instead of abrams you loose control of battle result much more (of course match maker should then give you better team mates but we know it is not perfect). Similiar with battle level : when play low modern I have noticable more wins than playing ww2 top (here I have most defeats). So in the long run, playing only ww2 top I suspect my win ratio should fall below 50%.

miszcz101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top