Armored Aces Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Where are you from?

Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% [ 16 ]
Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 4 ]
Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% [ 28 ]
Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% [ 40 ]
Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 91

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week
No user

Match Maker (MM)

+11
Leopard
MadMax
Vigilante (raygun)
rilnator
iAssault
wittman
Oliwann94
Mr_T
StrikerUSA
Đeadshøt
SithJaeger
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Match Maker (MM) - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Maker (MM)

Post by Vigilante (raygun) Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:04 am

Guys this is crying corner we have to deal with the hand we are dealt I've been in matches where I thought there was no way in hell I could win but I did point is we win and we lose we have all kicked some major butt and we didn't come here and cry did we and we lose its just like life it's just as important how we deal with losing as it is with winning man up get up and try again losing helps us develop the desire to win when will we have the man thread no crying babies allowed I will be the first
Vigilante (raygun)
Vigilante (raygun)

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMax Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi im MadMax curently member of DTH clan, and this is my take on this issue.
- The only way the MatchMaker from hell issue can be solved is by the Devs themselves. They need to reveal to us what is their MM algorithm so we understand wtf is going on.
- From my humble experience i gather that a very important aspect of the MM algorithm is player rating vs winning ratio vs winning streak.
A) The higher win ratio you have the worst team you get.
B) You get a consecutive win streak? you get dumped with bots on a 4 vs 6. You are on a loosing streak? you get top team mates.
C) The Devs also seem to keep a tendex player evaluation metric like the one in basketball. Thus great players that seem to overcome great odds get noobie teammates, so the top players help the new guys up their win ratio.
- All in all the MM goes to great lengths to keep every gamer close to a 50 -50 win probability for each game and close to 50% win ratio.
That is my opinion from my personal and my clan mates experience. Any input and observation that might help us get an insight on the MM algorithm is most welcome.
MadMax
MadMax

Back to top Go down

Post by wittman Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:11 pm

I don't have a great win ratio but keep on getting dumbasses in blue.
And full boosted reds in mostly b2 or t30 compensators tanks or coward snipers.
This stinks
wittman
wittman

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Vigilante (raygun) wrote:Guys this is crying corner we have to deal with the hand we are dealt....

Complete lopsided matches are almost never fun. I'd rather be on the outgunned side than the strong side but either way the match is usually a complete waste of everyone's time as one side steam rolls the other. Most of these rounds can be completely balanced by swapping one or two tanks is the irritating part. I'd love every round to be an even and challenging battle and I feel worse after a lopsided win than a lopsided loss. The game is about having fun and it just isn't fun when the rounds are decided by the match maker instead of the players. I've been in a 2 Abrams/Armata vs 5 Abrams/Armata battle way too many times from both sides of the aisle and those rounds were just plain boring no matter which team you were on.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:33 am

MM, it does seem the 50% mark is where they want you to be. As for it to match you evenly with opposing teams, is something of a crap shoot on that one. 1vs1 or 8+ in joining room to quay the game up is what I prefer (personally), anything else I just hit the "back" button because it's a waste of time for anything less (from my own personal experiences).

I drive the JPIV/212 so I can handle 1vs1, but I prefer to have some support of 8+ teammates to compensate for the AFKs and Bots that wander the countryside while your being pealed down.This also helps me (personally) to compensate for the Odd, Out Gunned matches I get put in more frequently now and until the Devs make some more balanced changes to it, this is the method I choose my games from.

HH Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopard Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:18 am

I miss the old Armored Aces.. no M36B2's no T30'S.. classic KV5 v Maus wars.. trolling heavy tanks with my speedy Sherman Very Happy Those were the days!
Leopard
Leopard

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs--6g9sCG1r7mwaxBny91w

Back to top Go down

Post by SithJaeger Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm

I'm okay with everything except the T30. No way that should be in the Tier it is. It's too easy to get, but I think thats what the devs wanted.
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClab4wL1eokckEOlbXW5wXQ

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 am

What the devs need to do to fix the T30 problem is instead of focusing on the German experimental line finish up the dang American experimental line first so you have to buy a lot of tanks to get the T30. It won't hurt the guys that own it already but will keep beginners from getting into top tier right away with it.

As for great MM this morning I had my M18, a Tiger P and 4 bots vs 2 KV-2's, an M18, a PZIII, a KV-1 and maybe the last KV-1 was a bot but I didn't see his health bar and he was the only one I didn't kill. 2 humans vs 5.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon knight Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:36 pm

The t30 is like the Abrams ace both are designed for newbies to get into hi tier battles alot faster
Moon knight
Moon knight

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:12 am

Moon knight wrote:The t30 is like the Abrams ace both are designed for newbies to get into hi tier battles alot faster

yes well, I suppose in that sense they could be considered one in the same, albeit for myself they are no where close to each other for the armor on the Abrams makes it a monster as where the t-30 armor get sliced open like a hot knife through butter. for VonManstein the t-30 is a quick kill and easy money.

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by SithJaeger Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 am

I would have liked the T30 more if it was and ACE tank....I agree that its there for noobs to get into High Tier Matches quicker, and would say the same about the Ace Abrams but its hard to say that when one cost real money and one doesn't.
SithJaeger
SithJaeger
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClab4wL1eokckEOlbXW5wXQ

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:40 am

excellent point Herr solo.

By the way, I would just like to reiterate the thanks you deserve for your work in/on the game and with this forum. VonManstein has nothing but respect for you ol'friend. Thankyou.

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by wittman Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:47 pm

Glad to read some news from you Herr Feldmarschall I thought you were in gefangenschaft somewhere in Siberia.
wittman
wittman

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:29 pm

lol indeed Hauptsturmfuhrer, and it is always good to see/hear from you!

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:32 pm

I have not heard from Herr panzer in a few, are the two of you still SWD members yes?

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemaloy Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:42 pm

Hello von, I'm in shd right now, I am actually wanting to get in brigade with raygun. I originally was and nbk for some reason was canceled.
Hemaloy
Hemaloy

Back to top Go down

Post by miszcz101 Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Why the heck I'm in a team that is outnumbered usually. Recently I had so many battles (also in a row) where blue team was of 5 vs 6, 4 vs 5 or so, that it is unlikely to be coincidence. I suspect match maker was modified on the server side, but in unfortunate way. I'm not as good to justify such setup, so it ends up with defeat.

miszcz101

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemaloy Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:10 am

I just have problems with lagging and when I hit a tank 10 times it bounces of 7 times. No mater what angle, it will do damage. Well it should.
Hemaloy
Hemaloy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum