Armored Aces Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Where are you from?

The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% [ 16 ]
The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 4 ]
The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% [ 28 ]
The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% [ 40 ]
The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 91

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week
No user

The Best all Around Tank?

+11
wittman
MadMax
Moon knight
234tiger
Đeadshøt
iAssault
Kopfjeager
StrikerUSA
Oliwann94
Mecyje
SithJaeger
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Best all Around Tank? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Best all Around Tank?

Post by StrikerUSA Mon May 08, 2017 8:55 am

Yeah German tanks miss a ton and Russian tanks I hardly play but I dropped the ISU-152 since I miss too much with it. IS-2 if my turret is facing frontally I have good accuracy but if it hangs over the side of the tank I miss more. JT misses the first shot after stopping 90% of the time. Difference for me is the JT and KT can take hits so you can afford to hang out long enough to start pounding back. JT especially unless it's a T28 if you get in a head to head slug fest the other guy will hide first. That's kind of why I prefer the SP to the B2 if you can get hull down it can also slug it out to somewhat. It's not like I camp and try to go blow for blow I still try to dodge a bit but if I take a hit it isn't the end of the world while a T30 hitting a B2 can be a game changer.

American accuracy really bothers me mainly because they used to be as good as the British. You would rarely see me out of American tanks and probably 90% of my overall play time has been clocked in American armor. I love them and want to enjoy playing them but they need to fix the top tier tank accuracy back to what it used to be. German sights have always stunk.

Also KT can hit targets on the move at DF range so against the agile Comet or B2 if you can close and force a DF you can mop the floor with them. Sniper duels you lose but closer ranges they are toast. It has weaknesses and strengths. B2's only real strength is seeing further than tanks which can be a crucial advantage but is easily negated by using terrain wisely as you approach them.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Đeadshøt Tue May 09, 2017 12:55 pm

Nah what makes the B2 so great is that it can compete in any terrain. The comet might be better in a dog fight but all around the b2 performs well in almost any given situation. That is why in BWs you see b2s the most. Because they are versatile and perform the best in tough situations while in comet without team support a small mistake can cost you half your health or even more.

Tiger is a monster from close range because of its armor and it doesn't suffer from low speed and turret rotation. Yes the only reason I struggle sniping with it is because of the of the weak spot it has which absolutely makes no sense to me why they put that.

Đeadshøt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemaloy Wed May 10, 2017 9:08 am

I usually use the leclerc in battle then the leopards. Leopard are better for me especially the speed of the turrets turning point.
How fast does the m1a2 Abrams go in game? I still don't understand how a bullet of an m 1 a 2 Abrams can bounce off a leopard. But the other way around is very understanding.
Hemaloy
Hemaloy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemaloy Wed May 10, 2017 9:10 am

I mainly use the Sherman in ww2 era.
Hemaloy
Hemaloy

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Wed May 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Comet can compete in any terrain too and actually it's easier for me than the B2 since it's shorter so can hide behind a smaller hill. I did finally have a good day in the B2 where almost every shot landed and when you can actually hit the target it is quite deadly. If you face a Comet who doesn't try to force a DF you can tear through them easy thanks to the armor and firepower advantage. B2 is less consistent though and I swear the accuracy comes and goes so if I could rely on it to hit the mark like I do in the Comet I would probably give it the top spot despite that horrid handling. The Comet's snap peekaboo though is killer since you pop out for only a split second and still hit the target while B2's that peekaboo in order to hit you they almost always have to stop for a second or two so they almost never get away clean even if you're not looking their way when they pop out.

Thanks to another good bonding moment with the B2 the other day when I won a 3 vs 1 against tough opposition I no longer completely despise it but you see tons of B2's since they are decent tanks but when you see an Ace in them they are still beatable and I've taken some of them out with minimal damage too since their peekaboo shots miss. You fight an Ace in a Comet and it's a heck of a lot harder to get the best of them.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemaloy Tue May 23, 2017 6:17 pm

I finally got the leopard(p). Does do good damage but can die quickly, well I'm still upgrading it. I'm trying to get the maus.
Hemaloy
Hemaloy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemaloy Tue May 23, 2017 6:18 pm

I've seen vondoobie's videos and it is very helpful to see which tank is best
Hemaloy
Hemaloy

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Wed May 24, 2017 11:24 am

Hemaloy wrote:I've seen vondoobie's videos and it is very helpful to see which tank is best

the only way to know what tank is "the best" (i assume you mean the best for you) is to know your playing style and get the vehicle that best compliments it. Otherwise everybody knows.............

......The mighty Tiger ll rules this battlefield!

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemaloy Fri May 26, 2017 7:46 am

Well, for now the tiger (p), is my best tank, winning almost every battle with it, not cheating, I don't even know how to cheat. Haha. Yeah, died every now and then.
Hemaloy
Hemaloy

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Sun May 28, 2017 1:27 am

Thats because you have not faced VonManstein!

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfoust Sun May 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Hail the field marshal we survived russia now the world hail swd

Panzerfoust

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Sun May 28, 2017 10:58 pm

ACK! Herr panzer! where have you been my kamerade

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfoust Sun May 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Been lurking in the shadows

Panzerfoust

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Sun May 28, 2017 11:33 pm

thats the best place to be, like a jungle cat on the prowl ready to strike!

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfoust Sun May 28, 2017 11:35 pm

U playing

Panzerfoust

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Mon May 29, 2017 9:47 pm

Ah man! i was playing too some folks arrived and i hopped off! DAMMIT!

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemaloy Tue May 30, 2017 7:39 am

I am in EDS, sometimes see some of my members on tr but not very often anymore
Hemaloy
Hemaloy

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:24 am

I think B2 got a much needed speed and handling buff so it's a lot better now. May actually be in my top two again though it's still not a good dogfighter. T28 has kind of become my go to favorite again despite the disadvantages. So nice to stand against heavies and pound them into submission. Comet seems to have gotten worse in some way I just can't put my finger on. Still is a cruise missile though especially when I boost speed in a BW I forget how great a handler it is so it's the best driving tank in game being stable and quick.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpaticus Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:07 pm

In my opinion this game has a bit of MURRICA BIAS! We look at the most feared tanks in ww2. B2? T-30? and the SP and T-28 also were trendy. The T-28 still is a big pile of death to the enemy now and then. The germans have good tanks but are thrown out the window with the most €/&(€%&#/ sights. The Russians have terrible gun depression and BB gun damage. The Brits barely even have tanks. Yet the Comet and Tortoise are good.

In ME the NATO line is much more advantaged over the Soviet line. In low tiers german tanks are best. But Russian tanks have armor made out of wet toilet paper and the guns shoot empty bottles of vodka! While the OP high tier NATO tanks spread freedom!
- Carpaticus
Carpaticus
Carpaticus

https://www.instagram.com/armoredacesunofficial/?hl=en

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikerUSA Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:42 pm

I wouldn't go so far as to say bias but I agree with most your points. German tanks would be incredible if you could hit the target at sniper ranges but you have to get in close to be accurate. A KT can mop the floor with a B2 or Comet and sometimes even both together at close range. IS-2 I'd say is a decent tank too if you drive it for a while to get used to where to go on maps to avoid the awful gun depression. I drove the IS-2 for a while and if you just charge a B2 it's a no contest easy win. Balance is a hard thing to have though because a T30 can have a huge impact on the battle more so than you typically get from an E-100 but 1 vs 1 E-100 can easily mop the floor with a T30. B2 can have a big impact but 1 vs 1 a KT and IS-2 are hard to beat unless they play sniper duel with you. Comet takes a lot of skill to do well in so it's the hardest tank to play at the moment though it can also be the best when you master it's strengths.

For historical accuracy B2 needs less armor protection and I don't know maybe give it a 12 rpm rate of fire to balance that nerf and Comet gets a boost too an they can reduce damage slightly or something but they should both be hit and run tanks. German sights need fixed and then they are fine balance wise. Too late now but I wish they made things more historically accurate so the KT is a hard tank to beat but it's more expensive than say a Comet or B2 so you wont complain. T30 would be heavy tank priced too because no one likes that a cheaper easier to obtain tank can easily beat them. I would go all out on historical balancing but what we got now is pretty good for what you pay for each tank.

ME I think is pretty balanced with how the NATO tanks roll over way too much but they have better gun depression so are better snipers while a good driver in a Russian tank can best you in a dogfight using their better stability. Armor is better on some NATO tanks though the T14 is as tough as they come. In an Armata vs Abrams fight the winner is the better driver while in WWII some of the match ups one side requires a significantly better driver like a Comet needs to land 2-3 shots for every 1 in a head to head with a Maus.
StrikerUSA
StrikerUSA

Back to top Go down

Post by VonManstein Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 pm

While all the vehicles you all have mentioned have both their pros and cons,.,......................

Everyone knows the mighty tiger ll rules this battlefield!!

VonManstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemaloy Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:41 am

I'm working to get the t 28 super heavy after the maus
Hemaloy
Hemaloy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2